What is the right wedding ceremony for you?
You are excited about getting married and even more having a wedding. Have you decided on what kind of a ceremony you want on your big day? Maybe it has not crossed your mind, but it’s a decision you have to make. One of the significant advantages of settling for a type of ceremony you want, it helps you make some other difficult choices that would have come biting later. What do I mean? Once you know the type of wedding you want, you can comfortably settle on a venue, theme, and the dressing code among others.
Your mind might be racing trying to wonder what options are available for you. Relax, I will be sharing all the information you need to make the decision-making process easier. One fantastic thing about the 21st century is that you are allowed to be as creative as you possibly can. After all, it is your wedding, and you need to make it the most beautiful day of your life.
Wedding ceremonies are broadly categorized into three religious, civil and bespoke wedding.
Civil weddings are legally binding, and they have no religious affiliation. A registrar conducts these weddings. Civil marriages take place in registry offices or registered venues. You might be beginning to get worried about the number of designated venues available. The number is so high that you will be spoilt for choice.
Civil weddings follow a traditional format that is well laid down. Despite there being a well laid down procedure, you are allowed to personalize your vows. It is crucial to note that the songs and readings used during the ceremony have no religious attachment at all.
Bespoke weddings allow you to bring your creative juices to play. The beauty about such ceremonies, you can have a wedding that caters for all your needs. For example, if you want to have a wedding that incorporates tradition, religion and still has a modern touch to it this is your type of ceremony. Some ideas to personalize your wedding include:
· Customized vows: Your vows are the promises you make during the wedding. Having vows that come from the deepest part of your heart is the most beautiful thing you can do on your special day.
· Have different traditions brought together: Different families have their traditions. For some families, it’s about the menu. Others give importance to activities like dances and jumping the broom (I’m sure you have heard of this already). With a bespoke wedding, you can incorporate all the traditions to help make both families feel represented.
Religious weddings take place in a place of worship, e.g., church, mosque, temple among others. The ceremony is preceded over by a spiritual leader. This kind of a celebration is faith-based. Songs and readings that take place have a religious affiliation. Important things to note about religious weddings include:
· All readings and songs must have a reference to a supreme being.
· Rehearsals before the wedding are mandatory.
Now that you are armed with information about the different types of wedding you can choose from, here are some questions for you to answer.
· What kind of ceremony is best fitted for you?
· What is your dream wedding like?
· What position does faith hold in your life?
· Do you have any special needs?
Once you answer the above questions, you are now ready for the business of settling for a ceremony type that will make your D-day as colorful as possible.
You cannot allow yourself to have a wedding that is anything short of perfect for you. It may not please other people, but as long as you are pleased, that’s all that matters. Think carefully before making this major decision.